MARITIME
RADIO
STATIONS
OF THE
WORLD

UNITED
KINGDOM

> WORLD INDEX

Grimsby Radio BYV GKZ

Grimsby Radio

Grimsby Radio was originally located on the west pier of Grimsby Dock, and housed in three former railway carriages.

The radio station had originally been opened around 1914 and operated by the Admiralty. In 1920 operations were taken over by the GPO still using the 2kW naval type spark transmitter.

Grimsby Radio GKZ closed in 1927 when operations were moved to a new station Humber Radio GKZ located at Trusthorpe near Mablethorpe.

 

Content

 

Ship's Nostalgia - The Radio Room

Grimsby Radio